Date of completion: 8/6/2013
The BMW Guggenheim Lab (BGL) was co-sponsored by the Guggenheim Museum of New York City and BMW Motors. It was nominated for a Webby Award in 2012. The Lab served as a vehicle to facilitate exploring urban themes in different cities around the globe.
- Joomla was used as the primary CMS. WordPress was used for the Lab’s Blog.
- The main site was comprised of numerous custom components, modules, plugins and templates. I was responsible for maintaining and extending these as needed.
- The calendar, in particular was heavily customized to add specific features for each city.
- I collaborated with Tom van de Velde on behalf of BGL on the redevelopment of 100 Urban Trends. You can read Wired’s review here.
- Tom and I also worked on the Public/Private survey. FastCompany gave us a nice write-up. My role included making use of a curated version of the population and location data provided through the GeoNames project.
In both these cases, Tom was working on behalf of Collective Assembly.
- I completely rewrote the Urbanology game. The version that was delivered did not capture information properly. It was honored with a MUSE Award.